Literacy London is a grassroots, not-for-profit, volunteer-based community organization. We need your support to continue helping London residents live productive, engaged lives. All donations are tax deductible and you will receive a tax receipt with our registered charity number – 85701 3700RR0001.
The very thing that makes Literacy London so successful — our free, customized, one-on-one tutoring — is also what places the greatest demand on our limited resources. We have always accepted every student whom we determine can benefit from our services, yet we are often in danger of having to turn students away because we do not have enough resources to meet the demand.
In our rapidly changing labour market, and given the economy’s recent and increasingly decisive shift away from manufacturing, there are more people than ever who need to upgrade their literacy skills in order to secure gainful employment. Our two full-time staff and approximately 50 volunteer tutors are struggling to keep up.
A literate population is more productive and innovative, has less poverty and homelessness, less substance abuse and less crime. A donation to Literacy London is an investment in the quality of life in your community.
Please consider donating by contacting us, or using the blue Canada Helps button on the top left corner of this page. Canada Helps is a not-for-profit organization that enables you to make a secure online donation quickly and easily.
We are also happy to discuss how Literacy London might partner with your organization, agency or corporation to improve the quality of life and business success of the London community.
How your donations can help
- $10 provides one learner with a binder, pencils/eraser and paper
- $25 will provide one learner with the required calculator for the GED program
- $35 will purchase a GED textbook for one learner
- $100 will provide bus tickets for one learner to attend sessions for one month
- $200 provides learning resources for a learner for one year
- $250 provides assessment, training plan development and matching of one learner/tutor pairing
- $500 provides printing/distribution of annual collection of learner writing and monthly newsletters
- $800 will purchase one laptop with software for learner use
- $1500 provides printing of brochures, business cards, letterhead and envelopes for one year
- $3000 provides 60 hours of technology support
For more information, please contact us.
- Tutor with Scott Ravary, MAESD Consultant
Literacy London is grateful for the in-kind support of our co-sponsors, the London Public Library and Thames Valley District School Board; and the financial support of the Ministry of Advanced Education and Skills Development. We are equally indebted to our volunteers, without whom Literacy London would not exist, and to the community for their financial contributions.
Literacy London extends sincere thanks to the following for their belief in the importance of adult literacy services in our community.
· London Community Foundation
· Faulkner Family Fund
· Tevlin Family
· Nicholson Family Fund
· McCormick Canada
· London Police Services
· Fretz Family
· Community Mortgage Movement
· Tom & Joanne Cowan
· Insurance Institute – SW Ontario Chapter
· Rotary Clubs of London
· Dillon Consulting
· Marjorie and Brayl Copp Family Fund
· Rick and Carol Richardson Family Fund
· 100 Men Who Care